Monday, October 02, 2006

Still waiting... for my yarn

What wonderful FO's and works in progress I see on the blog everywhere....

It worries me that I have nothing to show as of yet. My yarn has not arrived. First, there was the ordering process. I sent my Mom (lives in another country, where there actually is something called a good LYS) to look at colors. I trust her choice and online you're never sure. So, she picked the color, I already knew which yarn.

Then, there was the search for which online retailer actually had it. When I finally found the one, they accepted my order. And then, nothing. I called after a few days. That color is unfortunately on back order, we didn't have the 6 balls you specified in one dye lot. Finally, on 22 Sept. they tell me it's on the way. And now the post... the post...why do they always take their time when you need something urgently!!!

Well, hopefully I will have a note from the postman in my mailbox once I get home, so that I can pick up the package at the post office.

Thankfully, I have the same yarn quality but completely wrong color at home and have at least knitted a swatch to see how the pattern I chose turns out.... and that, thankfully is great and once the right color arrives it will be.... perfect!!!

In the meantime, I am hard at work plugging away at other things that have a deadline, so that I can then concentrate solely on the scarf for my wonderful pal. She has already posted a finished object for her knittee and I envy the recipient, it is so beautiful.

1 Comments:

Blogger CynCyn said...

i'm sure your pal will be delighted that you took so much time and effort to get the perfect yarn!!

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home