Monday, October 02, 2006

Finally finished!

It's too long for me to put it up gracefully, so I had to fold it in half and display in M...
Folded up
Lace pattern closeup while blocking
Ready to be sent

After 3 weeks of knitting (about 15 days of actual knitting, average 1~2 repeats a day), the revised Kimono Shawl/lace scarf is finally finished!! Usually it needn't take that long but as the twins in my belly grow so quickly, we get tired quite often.
Grignasco Bambi yarn is nice to knit and even nicer after wet blocking! It turned much softer and fluffier to the touch! Definitely a good choice for scarves and shawls, or any other kind of lace project.
The scarf is about 77 inches long, I've never knitted such long scarf before except the Icarus Shawl, but the yarn used was heavier and also the needle size larger then the original pattern...
Anyway, I will send it tomorrow and I really hope that my pal likes it, at least the three of us tried our best!

15 Comments:

Blogger GamecockDoc said...

Gorgeous! Your pal is sure to love it.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said...

I do hope i'm your pal as that scarf is beautiful and I it would go perfectly with one of my jackets...

7:24 AM  
Blogger celia said...

It's very pretty. I must say that I do envy your pal. My own Kimono scarf/shawl hasn't made any progress in quite a few weeks!Great work.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Kristin Summerlin said...

Wow. Did anybody say wow? Wow. I want it. I mean, I REALLY want it. You guys did great.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That is beautiful! What a lucky pal!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow that is awesome!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Pennie said...

OK, adopt me :) that is beautiful, I'm sure your pal will love it!

11:13 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

I love your scarf - wonderful yarn choice!! I'm glad to know the pattern, I simply love the leaves!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Leisel said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Now (unless you're my pal, but I don't think you are) I have to put another fantastic scarf on my to do list.

- Leisel
http://sagebrush.typepad.com/knotagain

2:59 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Absolutely beautiful!

5:13 PM  
Blogger babette said...

Takes my breath away...

5:57 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

very pretty I did this pattern in a varigated and this is one time solid is definitely better

1:55 AM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

wow! i don't like pink at all, and that scarf/stole is simply stunning. Beautiful work!!! your pal is lucky!

4:57 AM  
Blogger Craftybernie said...

That looks so professional - way better than anything you can buy in a shop!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Angelika said...

This scarf is the next on my to-do-list. Can't wait to get it started.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home