Sunday, October 01, 2006

How long Is TOO long?

I do this so often you would think I would know better by now. My SP said she prefers "average to long", so by the time I blocked my Cables and Lace scarf it is about 80" long. I think my tendency to make everything loooooong is left over from all the high-water pants I suffered through as a child. And having a son who started out at 24" long kept the tendency going. Longer is better - for me, but what are your thoughts about this as a ISE scarf?

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I always think longer is better than shorter. My pal requested a scarf around 60 inches and to me it seems so short.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Unless your recepient is very short, I think that will be a great scarf length. I'm with Sarah: better too long than too short.

1:04 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

My pal requested 60" so an 80" one was very generous and gives the wearer more fashion flexibility (like the alliteration of that phrase?! :)

3:18 AM  
Blogger celia said...

I think 80 inches is okay. I'd wear it :) so if she doesn't want it, you know where it will have a home! Just tell her to forward it to me ;)

4:03 AM  
Blogger Kristin Summerlin said...

Well, I asked for around 60 inches, but I was trying to be kind to my dear knitter (and didn't want to seem selfish). I think 80 inches is much better. I love being able to wrap myself up or drape it or whatever. So I say go for it, especially if it's for me. :>

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home