Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Craftybernie: Back to square 1

Just a quickie and a quick rethink. Originally I was working on the Hidden Vines Scarf and the SnB Stripes Forever Scarf for my pal but a couple of things have happened.

Firstly, the version of the Hidden Vines Scarf I found is a bit 'floppy' and I didn't feel entirely happy with it. Secondly, although the SnB Scarf is progressing well, I'm having a real problem with the yarn I chose.


It appears I might have an allergy to one of the fibres in the yarn blend (can't say which one as I don't want to give the game away). As soon as I touch the yarn, my face itches and my nose & lips tingle like mad! So, The SnB scarf will have to go on the back burner for now.

I've decided to stick with one of these two scarves from Knitwhits.com. I know my pal will love either one but your input would be appreciated. Help me make my final decision today! Will it be the plaid or the floral? Thanks for your help.

Wish me luck!

12 Comments:

Blogger Mamere Knits Too Much said...

oh, oh, i vote for the plaid!!

11:48 AM  
Blogger celia said...

I like the plaid.. just not in those colours.. but then if they are your pal's colours.. go for it!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

the plaid one looks really nice! bummer about the allergic yarn...

12:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

PLAID!! I mean, plaid would be nice.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Dorene said...

I love the plaid one.

Now, for the itching. Is it Mohair? I love it, but girl, I sit there and itch like crazy when I work with it.

1:24 PM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

i like the plaid as well...but i'm really not a flowery gal.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I vote for the plaid too!

Are you allergic to angora, perhaps?

4:35 PM  
Blogger Craftybernie said...

:( Angora

5:17 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

I vote plaid too. It looks scrumptious.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

I vote plaid!

3:03 AM  
Blogger Iris in Iowa said...

The plaid will be the most unique, and greatly enjoyed, I bet!

5:17 AM  
Blogger Craftybernie said...

plaid it is then!

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home