Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Craftybernie will crochet what?

My first choice for the exchange has always been Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora. It arrived today and I love the colours. I have two balls of each lovely shade: terracotta, off-white and sage green. The total yardage available is 492yds.

The second choice for this exchange is this Merino DK wool. The colours are Coral, Jade and Off-white.

And here's my dilemma. I'm absolutely stumped! I'm torn between Anthropologie's Hidden Vines Scarf and Debbie Stoller's Stripes Forever Scarf.

If I make the Hidden Vines Scarf I will be using the Merino (or maybe even some Debbie Bliss Merino DK that I have in my stash - hmmm). Or if I make the Forever Stripes scarf from Happy Hooker, it will be the Cotton Angora. Decisions, decisions. Maybe I should just make both! A lot of the other ISE members are doing this.



Another thought I had was to make the Forever Stripes scarf and add a few flowers to it. What do you think?

Help me, please!

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I really like the striped scarf just the way it is. I guess it depends on what you think your pal will like best.

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the striped scarf too and think the colors you have chosen are gorgeous.

4:50 PM  
Blogger lesley said...

i say ogo for the stripes

4:59 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Oh yes the stripes are really pretty. And cotton angora you have chosen would be gorgeous.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I like the stripes too, just the way they are. I agree that it will be so nice in your chosen colors. I've been wanting to make this scarf myself since I got the book. It's just so fun and graphic.

8:39 PM  
Blogger celia said...

I prefer the striped option. It looks a lot moreuseable.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Jennette said...

My favorite is the stripes, but it will depend on your pal's style.

11:42 PM  
Blogger babette said...

Definately STRIPES.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i think the flower vine one is super cool! neato!

1:18 AM  
Blogger Craftybernie said...

Thanks for your comments everyone.

I think my pal would really suite the vines scarf but I think she would suit the super hip stripe one too. Argh!

I'm going to have to make both and then decide. I do have the yarn afterall! Oh the hardship!

2:07 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I think addind a few flowers to the the stripped scarf would be cute if you put them across the bottoms of each side. or up the middle of the scarf :-)

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home