Tuesday, October 03, 2006

My Progress So Far

Here's a picture of my scarf so far. It's about 64" long. I want it to be at least 72" long not including the fringe. It's made with Cascade 220 Quatro in a blue and green mixed colorway. I didn't get the color quite right in the picture but it's a beautiful mix of the blue and green. I hope my pal likes it.

She requested a long scarf. But, like many others, I don't know how long that really is. Many say the scarf should be as long as the person is tall, 68" in this case. I asked a friend that question who (1) doesn't knit and (2) happened to be in Latvia on vacation. I received this response "I asked a native muscovite (person born and raised in Moscow) since I thought she was best suited to answer cold climate questions. She says if you hang it around your neck, it shouldn't go beyond your knees on either side. (But that's also wearing it euro style where you double it and then poke the end through)" My pal's about the same height as I am, so based on that definition I need to get to 82". We'll see how far the last ball of yarn gets me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i think any legnth in these lovely colors would be a welcome sight! very nice.

4:26 AM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

very pretty colors! wow... 82 inches is LONG!

4:52 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Love the colors and the scarf looks so nice and plush. I love a long scarf...more power to you!

5:57 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

warm, cozy and lovely. It can't be too long in a cold climate, in my opinion. The longer it is, the more you can wrap around your neck! Very pretty.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home