Thursday, September 21, 2006

State of the scarf

Here I am about 1/3 of the way through my scarf. I really enjoy the pattern. It's tough enough to be entertaining but no so tough as to be frustrating. My goal is to finish it and get it into the mail by October 5th as I'll be leaving on that day for a short trip to help a friend on the start of her journey cross country. I had a brief break from the scarf this week as a friend lost her husband quite suddenly and a group of us are knitting squares for an afghan for her. My square is all done so I'm back on track with the scarf. Everyone is knitting such beautiful things, I really enjoy all your photos!

Julie S.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's cute! I really want to tackle lace sometime soon.x

6:28 PM  
Blogger cindi said...

That's really beautiful! Your exchangee is going to love it!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

The scarf is lovely. What a beatiful lace pattern.

8:43 PM  
Blogger celia said...

That's an amazing looking piece of lace! Your pal is one lucky girl! :)

9:11 PM  
Blogger Dorene said...

WOW! The scarf looks fabulous! Your pal is SOOOO lucky.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Julie, how absolutely STUNNING! It makes my pulse race. Beautiful pattern, gorgeous yarn. Brava!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Iris in Iowa said...

Beautiful work! May I ask what the pattern is?
And how thoughtful of you and your friends to care for your recently widowed friend. I'm certain it will provide solice in those long nights ahead.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home