Thursday, September 21, 2006

Through the first skein


After a false start on "My so-called scarf", which just didn't come out as I had hoped it would, I've gone for a garterlac scarf. I wasn't quite sure whether that would end up frogged as well, but I think the way the colours change gradually in the Silk Garden are very effective in the diamonds. I hope that my pal likes it as much as I do. What do you think?

Not sure if three skeins are going to be enough for the scarf length that I'd like, but I'm about to take a break from the scarf for Sock Wars (not that I think I'll be in the battle for very long...), so I have time to order some more.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I love it!

12:41 PM  
Blogger cindi said...

Oh, that's turning out really nice. I like the way the colors are changing!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

That's turning out really pretty!!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Linnet said...

Ooh, I like!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

FABULOUS!!!!! Take a bow!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Oxford Voter said...

Thanks, all. I was worried that garterlac would be a bit boring but actually growing the scarf one square at a time is very satisfying. Next step is to learn how to purl backwards so I don't have to keep turning, but I'm not going to try that mid-scarf and risk ruining the tension.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home