Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Scarf Completed!

Wow! It was so much fun to knit with the alpaca again!! My pal wanted a long scarf (72") and likes turquoise and brown. So when I made the swatch I came up with 450 sts per row. When it came off the needle it is 82". I forgot to calculate for the drapiness of alpaca, but it is even warmer now! Sorry about the pics quality, it’s late, and I wanted to post it.
The yarn is Country Alpaca:
100% Superfine Alpaca
2 skeins, approximately 300 yards per skein
Approximately 4 ounces per skein
it is 5" x 82" and 10"x 82" when streched.
Started Sat 9/9, finished Mon 9/25
Pattern is my own after a Noro hat and scarf I made few years ago. Fun to make and fondle. The long rows got shorter as I got better at it. It feels so good around the neck, and one can even wrap it around the head and neck. yam!
Tomorrow- The post office!

5 Comments:

Blogger Craftybernie said...

Oh that's lovely. I think those colour are gorgeous!!! What a luck pal you've got. :(

8:07 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Beautiful. But 450 stitches per row? Wow. The colours are fantastic.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Jennette said...

It does look like it has a very nice drape. Great work!

12:22 PM  
Blogger AllisonVZ said...

Great color combo! I'm sure it's quite soft too.

12:24 PM  
Blogger knitfriendly said...

I LOVE those colors! It looks very soft....I am a bit envious of your pal! :)

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home