Monday, September 25, 2006

At last we agree

It appears that myself and my chosen yarn where having an ongoing disagreement as to what pattern was to be used. The patterns I had mind, and in my minds eye would look wonderful just fell flat and didn't do the yarn any justice, so I decided to gof or something simple - that looked even worse. I had planned on a reasonalbly simple scarf with a simple stitch pattern to le the yarn do the talking. The yarn however, seemed to want something totally different. I am now knitting a lace scarf. Because I am using a handpainted variagated yarn I decided to steer clear of lace in case it al become too busy. I have now completed 8 pattern repeats (each of four rows) and it looks lovely. I am really pleased with it. I am using a basic feather and fan pattern adapted from the free Lace 1,2,3 from Knitpicks. My only concern is that this is the first lace I have knitted that isn't a sock. So I will soon have to face the fear of my first lace blocking. I may have to purchase some blocking wires, only problem is they are like golddust here in the UK. I will post pics tomorrow eve when I have some more to show.

2 Comments:

Blogger peaknits said...

The Yarn Harlot has a post on blocking with string that looks pretty easy - you may want to try that option if you can't find wires. Good luck!

2:04 AM  
Blogger EvaLux said...

Indeed... use string (I use crochet cotton... some cheap stuff LOL). Use a piece that is a lot longer than the scarf. Just thread it through the sides and pull it tight, pin it in place and stretch the scarf along it. VoilĂ , no blocking wires needed :)
Cheers Eva

4:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home