Monday, September 25, 2006

I Tink, Therefore I am

I really hope that my pal loves her scarf once it is finished and in her possession. It has certainly been a labor of love. There is no good excuse for this as the pattern is fairly straight forward, just a 12 row pattern that is super easy to memorize, and the yarn is soft and pleasnt to work. I don't blame the yarn or the pattern. I take 100% of the blame on this one.

After some unfortunate frogging, I finished up the first half and had made decent progess on the second half. Of course, that progress isn't as grand as I had thought. This morning I noticed this mistake:

I whine about it a little more extensively here. Are there any experienced cable knitters who have suggestions of how to go back and put in the cable I missed without frogging all the way back to the mistake?

3 Comments:

Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said...

I'm totally into cables at the mo and would love to know what that pattern is?

11:48 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

Ooo, this scarf looks so yummy! For that miscross, maybe this cable fixing tutorial can help: http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2006/06/20/all_is_not_lost.html

1:04 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Great pattern and wonderful colors! Unfortunately, when it comes to cables and edge stitches, I realize my limitations and frog - good luck. It really is lovely!

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home