Tuesday, September 26, 2006

We have a winner, maybe

G'day all!

Well I spun a heap of yarn up, dyed it, kept some fleece for "just in case" and sent the rest of the fleece off to be processed and guess what? I found that I didn't have enough yarn to do the pattern I thought I would.... even after I combed and spun the rest of the fleece. I did consider carding the neppy bits in hope I could make a decent yarn from them.

So I've cheated. Yes, I bought some similar weight, commercially spun yarn. And I'll overdye it all so that they all tone together.

Plus since my spinning is not as perfectly even as commercial yarn, the scarf will be a little more textured than it might have been. Not very textured, just enough that the very first pattern I chose didn't look good cos it requires perfectly smooth yarn. The current pattern doesn't need perfect yarn. It likes a little texture. Adds interest to it :-)

It will all come together in the end. If it doesn't, I buy another ball or two of yarn and make something from it in a real hurry. LOL

anon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home