Monday, September 25, 2006

Step 3

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Well, not really. When winding the skein into a ball, I found a knot which I undid and wound the yarn as two separate balls. I had started knitting with the smaller ball and have now decided that the scarf was going to be way too short at the rate I was going. There was also a chance that I would not finish in time even knitting into the small hours each night.

Using the larger ball, I have changed needle sizes, am getting a nice looking fabric and it is going much faster.
The one on the right is approx 60 hours worth of knitting and on the left is 6 hours. The color is fairly close of purples and blues.

Will work all of the big ball of yarn and then use the yarn from the already knit piece. That piece will hopefully not be on the needles too long so the yarn shouldn't kink. I am also hoping I will not get knots as it comes off nor have to wind it into another ball.

The pattern in the center is from Barbara Walker's books and is called "Tranquility Stitch". Very easy 2 row pattern. The eding was on a shawl in Meg Swanson's lace book. Both look much better when pulled apart more to the blocked size but the sun was out so took the picture on the back of the chair. Didn't want to put pins in the chair as you know where at least one of them would end up -- yes, in me.

Now back to the knitting. I hope everyone is enjoying their projects as much as I am.

1 Comments:

Blogger abovo99 said...

I really love the mixture of color. I am a big fan of wearing scarf. Winter is my favorite season coz I can wear my scarf everyday. Keep it up. You guys have a beautiful blog.

The Bodytalk

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home