Monday, September 11, 2006

not yet convinced...

here's my 5th attempt at starting my scarf. this is the third stitch pattern with this second yarn, and i am still not convinced that this is THE right fit for my pal.
even though my pal said she likes earth tones, i think the colors work great for her skin tone and hair color (from what i can tell from her blog), but i am feeling that the yarn is looking a little "craft store" like....even though it's not!! at my LYS, i thought the yarn looked so gorgeous wrapped up in it's skein AND it seemed to be calling to me as the perfect yarn, but now that i have knitted with it - i am not loving it anymore.

i am going to sit on it for a few days and see if it grows on me. if not, back to the yarn shop on tuesday (since they are closed mondays it buys me some time!!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Iris in Iowa said...

How dare they take a day off! ;-)

3:03 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

I so hate when that happens. Maybe it is just the picture but the colors do seem to fall very flat. You can't really see the stitch pattern in this picture. Good luck, though. Let us know what you decide.

4:20 AM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

hmm. i dunno if we can really tell from the one pic, but maybe there's too much going on for that yarn? sometimes yarn that pretty doesn't need a fancy stitch pattern to be shown off...? b/c we can all see that it's gorgeous yarn.

5:16 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

I agree...it's gorgeous yarn. I'm also wondering if something simpler might work better. A simple rib or a mistake rib?

5:42 AM  
Blogger sko_G knits said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home