Sunday, September 10, 2006

Almost ready to go


I picked my pattern, thanks to a poll on my blog, and purchased the yarn, and I'm almost ready to go. I bought 900 metres of a dk weight wool. Obviously this is a lot for one scarf, but it was a good price, and I will have plenty left over for myself. It's Bluefaced Leicester wool, undyed, from Fleece Artist. Now all I need is to visit a craft store to buy some dye. I want to use something other than kool-aid or Wilton icing dye. The pattern will be Forbes Forest from Scarf Style.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

What a dedicated pal you are to dye the yarn, too! It is so pretty. I can't wait to see what you end up doing with it.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I couldn't find anything that I liked at the store and didn't want to wait to order online. Wish me luck!

11:05 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

The yarn looks so yummy! I can't wait to see it dyed. I'm sure it will be fabulous!

11:51 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

How do you use Wilton Icing Dye? I'm intrigued. I can't wait to watch for your progress!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Here's one tutorial http://tinyurl.com/lm6vn You can find more via google. I have some Wilton's but haven't used it yet. (The first comment didn't show up right)

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home