Saturday, September 16, 2006

Introducing "The Liz" aka Lilacs in the Snow



It's done! A design of my own I call it The Liz in honor of my secret pal.
Yarn: Hand spun Hand dyed Canandian Wool purchased at the Sheep and Wool Fest through Yarns by design. Needle size 8 and 6
At first I had a terrible time coming up with what scarf to make my exchange pal. I finally found a yarn that I loved and decided to "give it it's head". I got to know Liz through her wonderful blog. So together, the yarn and I came up with the scarf you see above this posting. Pal, I hope you enjoy your personal design. I think of it as Earth Mother with a tad of funky. The woman who sold the yarn said she thought it looked like the Aurora Borealis but as the scarf evolved I was reminded of my purple, blue and burgundy lilacs dusted with a fresh spring snow. If any of you get the chance, take a look at Liz's blog. It is full of web sites and beautiful things that she has made. www.bettycrockerpunkrocker.com.

5 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Wow! It's GORGEOUS!!!!!!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

I love the colors :)

12:31 AM  
Blogger Craftybernie said...

Lovely pattern and colours.

12:20 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

I have had the privilege to see this baby in person - even more delightful close up! What a unique pattern and thought behind the choices.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

heehee, yes, Dianne spoiled me, didn't she?

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home