Saturday, September 16, 2006

Yarn...decisions, decisions.

I think I have the pattern picked out. Think! I'm not sure though. I just cannot decide!! I am between two of them. One of them is from KATHY ZIMMERMAN -- yes, the Kathy Zimmerman! She lives about 2 hours away from here, and I've been to her shop...I love it! What a talented woman. I wish I lived closer! (Of course, if I did, that would also mean I'd live closer to my best friend Cheryl...but that's another story.)

The dilemma is the yarn choice. I'm looking for something that will reflect the pattern in the scarf. One pattern would look lovely in a hand-dyed multi-colored or even heathery yarn...the other needs a solid so that the pattern actually stands out and doesn't get lost in the colors! I have some malabrigo that's dying to be used, but I'm not sure if my scarf pal would like that or not. So many things to decide!!!

I'm amazed at the progress that people are making on here. It's just beautiful, seeing so much love -- and so much handiwork. We ought to start a photo album of finished products... really!

Wish me luck in my decision...I really need to get knitting!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home