Saturday, September 16, 2006

on the needles

scarf on the way

I have begun my pal's scarf, finally, using Schaeffer Yarns Lola, a worsted-weight 100% merino wool, and the My So-Called Scarf pattern, knit on US7 bamboo straights. The pattern's multi-directional stitches are a nice way for a piece to show off a variegated yarn without falling victim to the evils of pooling and flashing. The colors of the yarn are a bit warmer than what you may see in the photo; they are quite autumnal. Very fitting for a fall scarf exchange! I could only get one skein so I hope the yardage will be enough to make a decently sized scarf. I have weighed what I already have knitted, and compared it with the total weight of the skein, and it looks like I could get forty-some inches of total scarfage!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love that pattern! So easy and so cute!

7:17 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Sweet! I love the pattern and hope to come up with yarn 1/2 as perfect!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Looks like you chose the perfect pattern for that yarn - it is gorgeous.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

This yarn is beautiful! I love this pattern. It is such fun to knit. I can't wait to see the finished scarf!

2:05 AM  
Blogger celia said...

Gorgeous colours. Looks like it works really well with that pattern too!

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home