Saturday, September 16, 2006

STEP 2

I consider getting my Pal's name and info as Step 1. Step 2 has been getting the wool and pattern. Had a wonderful time at a yarn show on Saturday so spent the next day or so on choosing the pattern. Wanted it reversible, something different and something new for me to try. Since I recently took a course for Orenburg shawls, I decided to use that sort of pattern to put the border on and another stitch pattern for the center. I have about 2" done and it is looking very nice. Think it could be a bit more open but I like the drape of the fabric and I haven't tried blocking it yet. It will be much more open when blocked - or so I keep telling myself.

Not at my own computer nor with my camera so pictures will have to wait.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their project as much as I am.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Blocking is such an exciting/scary part of knitting. I am always so nervous that I'll get a project all knitted and then block it and end up with something completely different. I look forward to see what you are working on!

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home