Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A) Cables, B) Lace - I answer "C"

Hey, I've already casted on for a scarf, but I am not quite sure if my scarf pen-pal would like it. See, on the questionnaire, it says Cables or Lace? So, of course, someone is going to write in "Cables" or "Lace." Me, since I'm kind of an odd ball, I type something like: "Whatever. Any pattern" (paraphrased). But, for my pal, she had chosen an either/or answer (true answer not given to protect secrecy - hehe) The scarf I casted on though uses the short row - multidirectional method. Which means, it's actually a flat piece of fabric, garter stitch mostly, but multidrectional in triangles. It's really a fun pattern, easy for me to do as a newbie, and the yarn I'm knitting with is beautiful and very colorful. However, I don't want to disappoint my pal if she put Cables/Lace in her answer and instead she receives neither, but a multidirectional scarf. What do you think?

3 Comments:

Blogger celia said...

I actually added that question because I know some people will not wear lace and others hate cables. I guess I didn't intend for it to be a requiement, more that it should be a preference. Perhaps I should have asked about texture as well. Use your judhgement. if she has a blog,g o take a look at it as blogs often give a good idea of what the writer likes and dislikes.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I really think it was just asked to show preference. I love both myself but I really want to be suprised and I really loko forward to getting my scarf.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Leisel said...

I agree with the rest... I took the question to mean:

Would you be happy if your scarf pal chose a cable pattern? Would you be happy if your scarf pal chose a lace pattern?

As opposed to:

Do you expect the scarf you get to include cables? How about lace?

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home