Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Intros

Greetings, fellow ISE-ers!

This is my second round with the Scarf Exchange – I had so much fun the first time that I'm back, as are my gifter and giftee (hi, Jena and Fiona!). I'm located in the U.S., specifically New Jersey roundabout Exit 151.

In the U.S., today is a get-away day, the start of Thanksgiving, our most important national holiday weekend. For those who have never experienced it, some key images include Pilgrims and Indians in Massachusetts sharing a peace feast of New World treats (including popcorn), giving thanks for one's blessings, freedom from religious persecution, turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, both regular mashed potatoes and mashed sweet potatoes with marshmallows, pumpkin pie, the Macy's parade, (American) football, snow, holiday shopping, and holiday travel.

Back to knitting! I've corresponded with the pal I'm gifting using an anonymous email address Malabrigo Pagoda(alas, I haven't heard from the pal gifting me) and have moved on to pondering patterns and yarn.

The yarn I plan to use is some lovely Malabrigo in colorway Pagoda. Malabrigo is fabulously soft 100% wool, hand-dyed, itch-free, from a women's cooperative in Uruguay.

As for patterns, I've been wanting to try Debbie New's dazzling Scribble Lace technique from Unexpected Knitting, which is used in the Loopy and Luscious scarf by Natalie Wilson. Then again, I hear chunky cable scarves are The Next Big Thing, so perhaps Vintage Velvet from Scarf Style or Grumperina's Sharfik would be a fashion forward choice. Or yet again, if you have a suggestion, please do feel free to leave a comment.

The next time I post, I should have a progress photo. In the meantime, have a happy and safe (Thanksgiving) weekend!

- Ina

1 Comments:

Blogger CynCyn said...

ooh Malabrigo. I've just been able to touch the stuff and it's OH SO SOFT. picking one pattern is SO hard, isn't it? just try to remember that there will probably be future scarf exchanges too. :)

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home