Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Slight Technical Hitch

As this is my first KAL/SP/SE of any kind I am unsure of the protocols involved so it's a total learning experience for me. Not only have I had the fun of finding the right yarn and pattern for my SE partner I have also faced the challenge of blog posting for the first time. Not such a big deal for a computer savvy knitter such as myself, you might think - especially one who has an obsession with Knitting forums. No, the problem is remembering all the passwords to those lists I have signed myself up to as well as the various identities used. A bit of housekeeping is required I think. I've fixed up my Blog ID so it's not such an anonymous void - the next step I suppose would be to actually get a blog - one day maybe.

Now I have got this far I must ask is this a surprise exchange or is it better to contact one's Scarf Pals and get more details than those listed? Would it be rude if you wanted to keep it a surprise?

Re my progress, I was inspired by a previous poster's choice of Karaoke soy/wool yarn from - I've always wanted to try this brand out and I am not disappointed. It's a lovely smooth yarn and it has great definition for the lace pattern I have chosen. (thank you Barbara Walker Vol 2.)
So, after the inspiration I have to get onto the application - the hard part!

2 Comments:

Blogger rmj318 said...

Wow....can I relate! This is my first KAL, although I belong to almost every knit group on the Internet. And since I don't blog (too busy reading other peoples) I'm only hoping that this will be posted correctly.

I plan to visit my LYS tomorrow and do some poking around. I'm looking for warm and soft. I have picked out the pattern, I just want the perfect yarn. And with Christmas on the horizon, I'm planning this gift to be my "after the holidays" treat. Can't wait!!

2:35 AM  
Blogger celia said...

You can contact your pal, but you will need to create a separate emaila ccount for that. Folks like Gmail and hotmail are good for this. Make sure it does not have ur name on it. use a bogus name like scarfety scarf or something.

celia

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home