Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Traveling Scarf

I'm going away for the Canadian Thanksgiving, and bringing my scarf with me. I haven't had much time to work on it (Forbes Forest from Scarf Style) so hopefully I will have some time to work on it while I'm away, and then kick it in to full gear when I get back! Though I can knit on the plane, I'm packing it in my bag as it doesn't fit in my purse (900 metres of yarn is rather large). I haven't measured it but I'd say it's about half way done.



Happy advance turkey day to my fellow Canadians!

5 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

Ooooo! I love that yarn!

3:10 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

Love the richness of the colors!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh, my gosh, Melissa. That is just the most beautiful yarn ever. I am drooling over it. What is it? What colorway? FABULOUS!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Oh, wow---I just checked in Scarf Style to see what the pattern was. It's just fabulous--the bobbles and cables. PERFECT choice. And ooooh, that yarn is going to look fabulous with that pattern. I've GOT to get that yarn! Please share what it is!!!!

10:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's Bluefaced Leceister Wool from Fleece Artist. I dyed it myself using Deka Batik & Textile Dye in colour violet. I would recommend using real acid dye and not kool-aid to recreate the colours.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home