Sunday, October 08, 2006

Done!

I finished my pal's scarf and finally got some photos. I made Evelyn Clark's Swallowtail Shawl from the Fall '06 IK. I love this pattern. It was relatively simple (I was able to do most of it as tv knitting), and lots of fun to make. I really like how it worked up in the heavier yarn, and I think it will be a nice versatile piece. More pics and details are on my blog.

This will be sent to my pal, along with a few other fun things, this week. I've had so much fun knitting and seeing everyone's projects....and wondering which one will be coming my way!

11 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie O. said...

Beautiful!!!

8:47 PM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

i love it! gorgeous work.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

It's absolutely beautiful. I love the look with heavier weight yarn. You have a very lucky pal!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

to my namesake,

simply gorgeous! she will be delighted!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Dorene said...

Very nice; your pal will love it!

10:50 PM  
Blogger celia said...

Very pretty. It's amazing that you managed to complete it as 'tv knitting'. if I had attempted that, there would be way too many droppped and missed stitches! :) Great work.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Pennie said...

that is beautiful, lucky pal maybe its me ;))))

12:59 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Oh wow it's just gorgeous and I love the color. It looks like a lot of work. I hope it's coming my way :-)

3:01 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Very nice work! Lucky pal indeed...

11:08 AM  
Blogger Leisel said...

Oh, my! I had the Misti Alpaca on hand to make this, but now that I've seen it the Silky Wool, I think I'll just have to change my plans... it's perfect.

- Leisel
http://sagebrush.typepad.com

12:42 PM  
Blogger jenknits said...

The shawl is gorgeous. What a great idea to use Silky Wool for this. If I am not the lucky recipient, then I may just have to make one for myself!

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home