Saturday, October 07, 2006

Scarf is finished... but... big BUT! opinions please!!

I decided to dye it after I knitted it instead of dying the yarn first. I know.. I know... ( well I just found out) it wasn't the best of ideas. I think it's a love it or hate it dye job. Come visit my blog knitme-purlme.blogspot.com if you want to see it. If I don't love it enough by tomorrow, Sunday, it'll be overdyed to a dark brown. I still have time to make another. Perhaps that will make it better!! It's an Alpaca/mohair blend in the Old Shale patter knit on size 7 cicular bamboo needles. Let me know what you think of it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

I think it is pretty :-)

11:57 PM  
Blogger Sheila's shawls said...

Don't over dye it. I think it is very nice the way it is. Unique. If you overdye it brown, You could have just knit it with brown yarn. This is much nicer.
Blessings,
Renee

12:35 AM  
Blogger Kristin Summerlin said...

NOOO... Don't overdye it. I think it's lovely. And I think dyeing finished projects can be just as interesting as dyeing the yarn first. As you see, you still can't predict what will happen. I like that the color changes are in the center... It's an interesting switch, as most scarves emphasize the ends.

I like it.

1:11 AM  
Blogger Lynda Lambert said...

I REALLY REALLY like it just as it is. Leave it alone!

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home