Sunday, October 08, 2006

Craftybernie - Finished SnB Stripes Forever Scarf

Finished! Yay me! Here are a couple of piccies of my FO. I must say I'm really pleased with the outcome.

Although I changed my mind several times about which scarf to make, I finally came to my senses on Friday and realised I had a minimal amount of time to pull myself this together. So I returned to my first pattern, yarn and colour choice, and voila! One delicious scarf.

This is the Stripes Forever (and ever) scarf from the SnB Happy Hooker book. It's a self-fringeing scarf and a joy to make. I used King Cole 100% Merino wool, and a size 4.25mm hook. Blocking is not my best skill so although it's been gently hand washed and is drying as we speak, perhaps my pal will be able to 'freshen' it up when it's received.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, help and support. This has been a fun yet interesting experience! Good luck finishing off your scarves. Bernie

8 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Love it!

2:48 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

This is lovely - like candy! I'd kind of like to eat it:)

3:01 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Very nice, girlfriend. What's the yarn?

4:13 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Oh, never mind on my question. I should learn to read better!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Pennie said...

pretty scarf and colors ;)

1:00 AM  
Blogger Leisel said...

It's great... I love the color combination!

- Leisel
http://sagebrush.typepad.com

1:45 AM  
Blogger Craftybernie said...

Thanks for your comments guys! It is kinda like candy, isn't it... yum!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Jennette said...

There's something sort of vintage about those colors. I really like it.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home