Sunday, October 08, 2006

Biting off more than I can chew

I had a nice plan for my scarf (had being the operative word). A nice simple cabled scarf based off my favorite cabled sweater. I even had it all charted out and was ready to begin on it.

And then I happened to stop in at Barnes & Noble.

They had a table full of discounted knitting books... including Stitchionary 2, which is dedicated to cables. It's full of great cable designs, and I just had to have it. I brought it home and looked through it more closely and picked out all the ones I really liked, and then went through those and picked out my very favorite one.

Of course, the one I liked best for this project is one that has cabling on EVERY RIGHT SIDE ROW. *sigh* I am such a glutton for punishment! :)

So, I designed a scarf based on that fancy cable... here's a picture of the start of it. Roughly 1 and a half repeats done (:


Marachino, the beginning

Let's see... 60" (or so) at 2.5" per repeat... that's at least 24 repeats. I think I'm going to be right down to the wire with this one.

8 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

Man, that's one fancy cable. It must just eat up the yarn. Better weigh it after a couple more repeats to make sure you have enough. Looks great though.

3:51 AM  
Blogger Kristin Summerlin said...

Gorgeous. Wow.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

GORGEOUS! There is no other word for it! :0D

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry, quite a few of us are going to take it down to the wire! I'm only about halfway done on my scarf for my pal and it's a pretty simple pattern.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Whitney said...

I LOVE that pattern!!! It's so pretty and I am sure that your pal will appreciate it.

2:12 PM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

simply gorgeous design... and shown off so well by the yarn.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Bonnie O. said...

Beautiful scarf. I'm making a similar design as you and I'm sure I'll be down to the wire, too!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Pennie said...

nice cable pattern and i love the color.

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home