Sunday, October 08, 2006

Can't decide, guess I'll send two!


I've made 5 scarves over the past month searching for just the right scarf - but I'm ready to send to my pal and have decided to send two. The one on the right is a lengthwise knit scarf in alpaca/wool with a few stripes of novelty. I made up the pattern as I went along, adding a few rows of yo/k2tog for a lacy effect. It's really looooong and quite fashionable wrapped around a few times. The one on the left is the Cider Moon Carpathia pattern, but I did it with two strands held together - Harrisville Orchid Yarn (wool/cashmere blend) and a strand of a silk/rayon slubby yarn I had in my stash. This lace pattern works really well for a chunkier yarn.

I think my pal will appreciate both of these, and I have a few extras, too - but no pictures of those because it may give away who I'm sending to! One hint, my package will travel across the ocean.......

2 Comments:

Blogger Pennie said...

lovely colors and detail

12:59 AM  
Blogger Craftybernie said...

Love them both. I love lengthways knit scarves. Nice colours too.

I'm was sooo glad when I found out I wasn't the only one making more than one scarf for this exchange. Things got a little crazy at the end.

At least you'll have a few extra scarves to give away as xmas presents - if you can bear to part with them, that is.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home