Thursday, October 05, 2006

changed my mind *again*

I think I've changed my mind again. First I was going to use the koigu from the stash. Then I decided I wanted something silkier and found a sale on some Cherry Tree Hill fingering silk, with maybe a pattern from Lavish Lace. So I ordered the yarn (not in this colorway). Decent plan, right?......sure. Except that in the meantime I wandered into a yarn shop and across some Artyarns Silk Rhapsody in this lovely combo of blues and greens and just couldn't resist it. So now I'm thinking that I'll use the silk rhapsody with either the Touch of Whimsey scarf or the Column of Leaves scarf that some of you were so kind to recommend back when I was using the koigu.

sigh.....but notice that this is all what I will do (and not what I have done...except for the spending part!). And so many of you are finished and mailed already! Yikes! Methinks I'd better get a move on!

6 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Oh, Kim! The new Artyarn looks gorgeous, and what a fantastic colorway. I'm getting some! I sure understand starting over again and again. I just started over 2 days ago. Don't feel alone. You know what you make will be WELL worth the wait for your pal. Lucky, lucky pal!

8:13 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

That is some beautiful yarn! The Artyarns people really know what they're doing. Either pattern will look spectacular. I'm hoping you're my secret knitter!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Pennie said...

I like all the yarn colors. I had the same problem, finding a yarn, finding a pattern then finding the right yarn with the right pattern :) Happy knitting

9:53 PM  
Blogger Craftybernie said...

I love the new yarn! Gorgeous colours.

Don't worry about not being finished yet. I'm only about 1/8 way through the 4th scarf I've chosen! Not sure if it's the one I'll send but what the hey.

10:50 PM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

oh my... goodness. (wiping drool off chin and keyboard). I LOVE LOVE LOVE that colorway from ArtYarns. Will you be my pal? if not, can you please let me know what colorway that is?

10:57 PM  
Blogger Kim in NJ said...

cyncyn, it's color 123. I think it's called blue lagoon, or lost lagoon, or something about a lagoon. It just absolutely called out to me, because I really wasn't planning to buy more yarn ;-)

But then, I never am :-P

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home