Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My dog ate my scarf...almost

Hello all,

I know I've heard the ...dog ate my homework...statement alot and I never believed it. Until now, that is. I have recently adopted a 17 month old yellow lab who was found this weekend with my project basket turned over, yarn all over the place and a missing, partially chewed crochet hook.

Bad news...crochet hook chewed beyond use, and slobbered yarn. Yuck!

Good news...my scarf exchangee is saved. The scarf was finished and needing only weaving in ends and blocking. It was at the bottom of the bag and therefore left alone by the puppy in favor of my Brittany wood crochet hook and left over yarn.

It did take quite a bit of time to unravel the mess. Phoning several LYS to find a new Brittany hook, I found out that many of them do not carry these anymore. The one I did find is not the same size but will have to do. My yarn projects have all been put in puppy proof plastic zip bags and I am looking into a better storage system than the open baskets and leather carrier that I have been using.

Whew,
susancrochets....but not when the puppy is around!

3 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

I love it! Great post, and I laughed all through it--I'm a service dog trainer, so dog "oopses" are part of my everyday life, especially since I'm not a super neat person, and always seem to forget to put things away safely, or put lids on boxes, etc. It's always a joy when the adolescents mature to the point that I can be sloppy without worrying what will be chewed up next!

10:14 PM  
Blogger celia said...

I feel for you. I don't have a pet at the moment, but I'd love a dog. I just hate to think what may happen to all my mess if I were to get a puppy!

10:51 PM  
Blogger Bev said...

oh, I do feel your pain! I have a lab too, and we've resorted to giving her "lovies" of her own so she'll leave my projects alone...something to consider!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home