Monday, September 11, 2006

Yarn received, scarf started!

I just got my yarn in the mail on Saturday from kpixie, and I've decided on the Cherry Leaf scarf, so I'm all set!


I've already done a few repeats of the pattern, and I think it's looking great - I'll post a progress photo once I get a little more completed. I'm a little worried I'm not going to have enough yarn though. I bought two hanks of the Alpaca & Silk (it's from Blue Sky Alpacas), but my partner likes long scarves (60-72" or so). I cut down the width of the scarf by two inches, so I'm hoping that will help gain a little length, but I'm also using smaller needles than the pattern calls for (US6 rather than US8). If it really comes down to it, I think I'll have time to see if kpixie has one more hank from the same dyelot.

I've been in touch with my scarf recipient and my scarf knitter has contacted me, so no worries from this corner of the interwebs. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

It's a lovely yarn! I just finished two scarves in it, and used two skeins each, plus one extra skein for the scarf I did a cabled fringe on. Two skeins should do it for you--just! It's a great yarn to work with, and the finished scarf has beautiful drape to it. It's so soft next to the skin, as well! Great yarn choice!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Jennette said...

That's beautiful yarn. I love the color, too.

1:57 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

I love the yarn and your choice of pattern! I may have to switch up my choices!

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home