Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Vine Lace Scarf


After swatching 9 patterns to find a lacey but plainer pattern that would work with the variegated Artyarns Ultramerino 4, I finally chose a very simple pattern for my pal's scarf.

I wasn't looking for "simple," only for a pattern that would have enough stitch density to work with this particular yarn. I can't believe I came back to vine lace, but of all the swatches, it looks the best.

If the yarn screams "vine lace" at me, I guess I have no choice and needn't feel guilty for not making something more challenging. It's a delightful pattern, and I'm enjoying working it immensely. I'm about halfway finished.

I hope to send my scarf to my pal next week.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Absolutely beautiful! It looks like yarn and pattern were a match made in heaven!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

Thanks, Kniterella and Dr. Leonesse--you made my day!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Dorene said...

Wow... it is truly stunning. The yarn and the pattern work perfectly together. Understated elegance.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

So pretty! What a great yarn/pattern combination!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Kristin Summerlin said...

Wow. Amazing how beautifully the two go together. (And by the way, I hope this exchange isn't about doing something complicated or hard, because I'm not going that way at all. I think beautiful and lovingly -- if not perfectly -- knit is more to the point. Hope so, anyway.)

6:47 PM  
Blogger Kim in NJ said...

Debi, that's really, really pretty. I wouldn't worry about it not being more complex when it's that gorgeous!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Pennie said...

great detail . . .

12:16 AM  
Blogger peaknits said...

This is gorgeous! Lucky, lucky pal! And lucky me, a new awesome pattern to try - already tested on some wonderful yarn! Thanks!

12:51 AM  
Blogger celia said...

lovely pattern. Goes well with the yarn and colours.

2:44 AM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and pattern. I'm sure anyone would be delighted to get this scarf!

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home