Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Almost Done!

Well, I am one of the challenged people who let their pal know their real name. My anonymous email account does not display my real name. But when I added my signature at the end of the post, out of habit, I signed my real name. So no pics here until my pal has received her scarf!

Like most of you, I swatched, ripppped, swatched, ripppppped a multitude of times. The quest for the best match for our yarn choice, pattern choice and mental picture continued, but I was finally successful. And ended up with a yarn choice and pattern choice that had been one of my first.

I knit a ribbed scarf out of Noro Kureyon - and found myself entirely fascinated watching the stripes emerge! I finished knitting last night and just have the ends to weave in and the blocking.

The last time I had an international exchange, mailing took about a month! So I hope to have the package off in the mail the first of next week.

I have TOTALLY enjoyed looking at everyone's progress pictures, and have drooled over many yarn/pattern selections. Everyone is sure going to be a winner in this exchange! This is the first time I've knit with Noro - but probably won't be the last. Definately drool worthy itself. Not sure if I want to make a similar scarf for myself or something else. Only time and the pocketbook will tell.

1 Comments:

Blogger Corrie said...

hi there
don't fret I did the same, signed off as normal and then went uh oh!!! so no progress from me!
Corrie :)

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home