Sunday, September 17, 2006

Scarfing Along


Just kidding! This isn't really my ISE scarf. Scarves with fun fur/eyelash yarn are good to give to my middle-school-aged girl cousins, I've found, but not right for my swap partner.

I thought I'd share an update in case you think I might be knitting for you. I'm 8 1/2 pattern repeats into my scarf and it's about 19 inches long so far. This is good, because I was worried I hadn't bought enough yarn. Like some others in this exchange, I splurged on the yarn I bought. As my budget became fiction I convinced myself to buy only 3 skeins instead of 4, but since then I worried I was stingy.

However, at almost 20 inches I'm just now nearing the end of the first skein. I now calculate I'll be able to knit at least 60 inches, which was my minimum goal. "You" want a "long" scarf, after all. That also means I'm about 1/3 of the way through the scarf, which seems like good progress. I'll post a real picture when I'm farther along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home