Sunday, September 17, 2006

Progress

Well, I cast on for this Wednesday night. I had so many restarts I wanted to throw the darned thing in the garbage ;) The yarn is so tiny compared to what I normally use. Plus it's my first time using charts. I think I'm getting the hang of it now though. I'm worried I've made some mistakes on the centre cable, but I'm not sure you can tell in this picture. It's possible I might be a row off somewhere, but at this point I'm not going to restart. Friday night all I had was one inch. I stayed up until 3am last night working on this because I was determined to make headway. I think this will take a me a long time to finish, but hopefully I can finish it by the deadline. I'll work on it every day. The good thing is that the yarn and needles are so light that my wrists don't hurt.



It's about 7.5 inches wide and 8 inches long right now. It's definitely thinner and airier than the original. I'm hoping with the wool and a few wraps around the neck that it will still be warm and snuggly. I think if I did this again I would use worsted weight.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

This yarn is really lovely. The color and the mottled look. Very nice. The late night knitting is alwasy the most productive.

6:26 PM  
Blogger celia said...

It's a lovely yarn and pattern. It certainly looks soft and snuggly to me!

1:22 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Forbes Forest is coming along nicely - what yarn are you using?

4:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Carrie-DK weight wool from Fleece Artist.

11:48 AM  
Blogger StudioBlue said...

That looks great! The yarn looks so nice with that pattern -- you've got a lucky pal.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home