Sunday, September 17, 2006

The scarf is underway

When I started planning this scarf, I decided in needed to do something lightweight (as my pal is in a warm climate). I planned to do something fairly quick and mindless, reversible, maybe some lace pattern mixed with some cables.

The full story is on my blog. Here's the Reader's Digest version:

Sometimes things don't work out quite as planned. I chose the yarn, and then started looking through my stitch pattern books for stitch ideas. I swatched a few things, but the yarn didn't want to be those things. The yarn wanted to be something that's not reversible, and definitely not quick and mindless. So who am I to judge - obviously I went with what the yarn wants to be.



The yarn is now happy. I hope my ISE pal will be too.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jae said...

I love the pattern!

12:21 PM  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

the yarn has good instincts. it looks lovely. will you share the pattern?

2:24 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

So pretty! I love the pattern and it looks so soft and airy. It is always funny when a knitter and her yarn can't seem to come to an agreement. I've been there!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Here's to the knitter who listens to the yarn! Just lovely. That yarn has good taste. :-D

9:39 PM  
Blogger celia said...

Geee.. that is such a pretty lace pattern! I'll off to read the extended verison of the story behind teh scarf now :)

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home