Friday, September 15, 2006

On my way!

After reading my pal's blog a bit, I decided on this lovely Country Alpaca. Its really lush to work with and flows. I started with a pattern I have been wanting to make for a while, but it was wrong for the yarn. The colors are very soft yet, they can be wild, so i switched patterns.It is a simple reverse stockinet over 10 rows.
Rows 1,3,5,6,8,10 Knit (yes, you switch at row 6, knit again)
Rows 2,4,7,9 Purl
always knit TBL the first stitch of every row and always slip PW, the last stitch of every row. I cast on many many stitches. I think 450, it is knit the long way. So I finished my first skein- but all the progress I have to show for it is this:One full skein (@Approximately 300 yards per skein)=40 rows=3" unstretched.
(double when stretched)
I am much faster on the knit rows, so I am glad there are more of them...

3 Comments:

Blogger Craftybernie said...

Love the colours.

11:17 AM  
Blogger AllisonVZ said...

I, too, love the colors! A great combination.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Looks like you found the perfect combination. The pattern is interesting, but really lets the yarn show off. Such gorgeous colors too!

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home