Friday, September 15, 2006

Ultramerino Swatch


I just finished my 7th swatch, and finally am happy with the pattern and yarn I chose: Artyarns Ultramerino with a textured twist in dark and light reds. The pattern is zig-zag lace with seed stitch borders. I can see I need to adjust the number of border stitches on the side and bottom--too wide on the sides, too narrow on the bottom.

I'm always glad when I've taken the time to swatch, look closely, then adjust the design as needed. Plus, it keeps me from going nuts waiting for my yarn order to arrive!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

I really love this pattern. It is beautiful. My yarn finally arrived in the mail today and I am going to swatch for this pattern. Wish me luck!

Yours is really lovely. That color is oh so super fabulous!

12:35 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Thanks, Kristy! Here's the URL for the pattern, which is fast and fun: http://persnicketyknitter-gallery.blogspot.com/2005/09/zigzag-lace-scarf.html

12:43 AM  
Blogger Dorene said...

Very nice indeed! You are such a perfectionist and it shows.

1:11 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Just beautiful! I'm sure your pal will love it.

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home