Friday, September 15, 2006

I have had a mess of a time choosing a pattern. I got my yarn in & I love it, I was planning on just doubling it, but have decided to triple it which makes it about worsted weight (it's sock yarn). So tragically, the yarn doesn't come in balls so I've been being crazy with it. This is one evening worth of work. The pattern is the double cable from One Skein book.
Then, I had the revelation that if I used the single cable pattern (yes, I took a picture of the book), I could just knit happily along until I ran out of yarn. So I am now planning on winding the yarn myself with something somehow to make my knitting easier & knitting the single cable pattern so my pal can have as long as a scarf as the yarn permits (220 yards compared to the 150 yards in the pattern but my gauge is a little off of course).

So any suggestions on how to wind the yarn myself? (Without buying one of the winders because no one around me carries them & I'm too impatient for shipping)

Happy knitting to you all! Kate

3 Comments:

Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said...

I found out about winding a centre pull ball from the net somewher. If you put winding ball in search engine you should get something

4:18 AM  
Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said...

Winding A Centre Pull Ball This is what I used - hope it helps.

4:22 AM  
Blogger lesley said...

i put a hank or yarn around my knees or the back of o chair and then wind (loosely for center pull) leaving the tail haning out. or more tightly if i want it to be a outer pull ball. hope htat helps then you just kinda wind it. sorry i never thought to explain this and not doing so hot. ;)

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home