Friday, September 15, 2006

Fits and starts...

Okay, I thought I had my pattern... A simple lace pattern from Barbara Walker's third compilation. (Won't name it now, but it has a bit of a symbolic meaning that I think might speak to my knittee, besides looking pretty.) But I've swatched it in several yarns from my stash and I'm not sure I like it off the page. Hmm.

And I did find the "perfect" yarn -- except, as I noted elsewhere -- it's only available from a shop in Canada and won't arrive for 2-4 weeks. (I have a real talent for finding the impossible.) I ordered it anyway just because it's so luscious. But I think I'd better try to find a back-up "perfect" yarn. Also, it's really hard to say something is perfect until you've cuddled it in your very own little hands. And I'm itchin' to knit.

So I visited a couple of lys's today, but no go. There are a couple more that I've never been to... I'd really love to buy locally, but this is harder than I expected. I think I "know" what I'm looking for but won't really know until I've seen/held it.

Blathering on to say the knit fits continue, and I'm having so much fun dithering. Can't imagine being done with this so quickly. But wow! I'm amazed (and a bit covetous) at the pix posted so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home