Saturday, September 09, 2006

Decisions, decisions, pt2

I have almost decided on my yarn and pattern for the ISE 3. I will be using either Artesano Alpaca Inca Cloud-Damson or Artesano Alpaca Opulencia Amethyst. The first is a solid yarn and the second is a handpainted yarn both are very soft and snuggly. I will be using either the Ripple scarf pattern or the Bertie scarf pattern. When the yarn arrives I will swatch and see what works best. Both pattern were designed with this yarn in mind. I am not sure what either will look like in the variagated which is why I have ordered the solid as well. I will post swatches when they yarn arrives.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Lovely colors!
Alpaca seems to be popular right now! I'm using it and it will be my first time with Alpaca so I'm excited. The patterns are lovely :)

8:45 PM  
Blogger Bonnie O. said...

I made a scarf from alpaca and embellished with beads for the last scarf exchange!

2:42 AM  
Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said...

This will be my first time working with 100% alpaca, I've used alpaca/wool blends before. It is just so soft and cuddly. I like it as it is soft and luxurious feeling but without the luxurious price tag.

3:18 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

The alpaca is really very nice. I discovered last fall that I maybe am allergic to the alpaca. I knit a scarf and matching hat for my mother-in-law for her birthday and ended up with hives nearly to my elbows. To add insult to injury, I accidentally felted them both and had to start over! But yes, it is very very soft.

Love the Ripple pattern.

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home