Saturday, September 09, 2006

Here & There

It was serendipity I tell ya. I found the yarn I wanted to use for my pal's scarf, and then the pattern just fell into my lap. Then Badda-Bing! A scarf was born. I had two repeats finished last night when I relaized the scarf I was knitting didn't look anything like the picture next to the pattern in the book. So the scarf has been frogged. I know what I did wrong though so this next round should go better.

I'm knitting the Here & There Cable scarf from the book: "Scarf Style" and the yarn I'm using is: Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk and hopefully soon I'll have scarf pictures to share.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie O. said...

I love that pattern! And the color of your yarn will make an elegant scarf.

2:34 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

That is my favorite yarn and I'm making that pattern as well. Just beware as it uses a lot of yarn!

6:11 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

This is such beautiful yarn. I love it. So soft, so luxurious. Please let me be your cautionary tale: This yarn wants to felt. The finished pieces from this yarn needs to be handled with some TLC, as I discovered after very carefully hand washing in cold water.

Can't wait to see your scarf come to life!

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home