Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Lookee what came in the mail...



I have a lovely postman - this morning I had to go out shopping, so I was out when he tried to deliver this:

But (as I've said), he's lovely, so instead of just sticking a card through the door telling me that I was out, and will have to either go and collect it or arrange another delivery time, he hid it in our recycling box. And then he saw me on my way home, and told me he'd left a parcel. I was not a patient Mummy when my 21 month old wanted to run repeatedly up and down the hill by the playground.

But then, I finally got home, and opened the box to find this:





And then I opened the envelope to find a lovely note from Michelle, and a sheep fridge magnet (I did try to take a pic, but it came out all blurry, sorry). And then I undid the tissue paper, and found this:



And when I opened it all out, I found this:


Michelle - it's beautiful, thank you so much - I saw in your blog that you hope that it will be loved - and it will (already is being) - very much.

For those who like details - Michelle has knitted me Peacock's Pride from Lavish Lace, using Knit Picks Shadow and Cherry Tree Hill Supersock yarn - I've been drooling over Cherry Tree yarn for ages, and now I can enjoy it without having to do any work :-)

Thank you again Michelle!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne, I'm so thrilled you like it. I hope it keeps you warm for years to come.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

This is getting funnier - I was sure that Stacey was knitting for me! (I'd worked out from the times that comments were left on my blog that my scarf was being made in Colorado - and Stacey's scarf is in autumn colours...)

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home