Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Clapot-what?

Well I'm making some progress on my Clapotis for my Secret Pal. On Christmas day after the presents were opened - the breakfast was served and everything was cleaned-up I finally gave myself some "me" time and started knitting. It was a little frustrating at first - I had to frog it about 5 times but I finally got the hang of it. I am using the stitch markers despite the great advice I received from Lisel because when I was first starting I didn't understand the revised instructions. Now that I've been working on it awhile they are quite clear so perhaps if I ever knit another one . . . . Anyway - here is how it is looking:




And the interesting thing about Clapotis is that after awhile you drop a stitch all the way down and it opens up these little rows. It was VERY scary the first time I did it - I was worried that the entire thing might unravel (what can I say - I'm neurotic) but it didn't and it is actually quite cool. So far I've worked 3 sets where you drop the stich (picture was taken when there were 2). There is a total of 13 sets where you do it. Hopefully my scarf buddy will like it! Happy New Year to all and to all good knitting in 2006!

2 Comments:

Blogger Leisel said...

Beautiful colorway!

- Leisel
http://sagebrush.typepad.com/knotagain

6:32 PM  
Blogger Jae said...

Love the colors!

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home