Friday, December 30, 2005

Complete!


I had mentioned in my previous post that I was going to use some Habu Textiles yarn for a scarf for my pal, but I just wasn't liking the pattern. Then I found some Tahki Shannon (Color 15) in my stash. Since the yarn is so bold and pretty, I went with a simple stockinette pull-through scarf pattern that I made-up my self. I crocheted the edges with some hot pink wool to bring out the pink in the yarn.



For the mittens, I decided to try a felted mitten. I used some left over purple yarn that I had and made the mittens. Then I duplicate stitched a row of hot pink around the bottom.

Before:

After:

But that's not all! I knit some ribbed cuffs in the Shannon and sewed them inside the mittens. The cuff makes the mittens stay on better and then also ties the scarf and mittens together to make a set. I am really happy at how well they turned out that I think I might have to make a pair for myself!



The completed International Scarf Exchange Set
(it's in the mail!)

6 Comments:

Blogger traveling knitter said...

Those are gorgeous!!!

10:52 PM  
Blogger RainbowSpinner said...

Your pal is so lucky. They'll be rapped. I want to try some mittens now!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Donyale said...

Ohhhh - gorgeous - I was hoping it was mine (but I didn't do the mitten swap....)lovely job

11:29 PM  
Blogger Bonnie O. said...

Amanda:
how very cute! Ingenious to add the ribbing to the felted mittens. Your pal will be very happy, i'm sure. Wish it was me!

Bonnie

1:14 AM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

wow! i'm so impressed with the creativeness there... such a great idea to include a cuff to match the scarf and to make the mittens stay on better!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Peggy said...

Wow! Very nice!!

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home