Tuesday, January 03, 2006

checking in

Whew, well, now that the holidays are finally over, I'm ready to start my scarf and hat. I've selected my patterns and even received the yarn, so I expect to cast on tonight. I did go with the Andean Silk (or is it Andean Treasure---gah, I can't remember, and I'm not currently near my knitting) from knitpicks, which is certainly soft to the touch. I'm always a little nervous picking colors from a website, but I'm pleased with how these go together. Hopefully, my pal will be, too. I'm not going to give too much information about the pattern or colors, because I don't want my pal to guess that I'm making the pieces for her.

Once I get started though, I'll try to post pics of the work in progress....I figure that with so many people finishing and mailing their scarves, my pal's soon going to figure who I am by process of elimination ;-). And, of course, my posting pics is contingent on my eventually figuring out how to get the pics out of the camera and on to the computer!

Till then, hope everyone had a great holiday season, and happy knitting everyone. Thanks to all who've shared info on their progress and pics!

Kim in NJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home