Thursday, December 08, 2005

making some small progress

Just updating everyone on my progress. After some debate, I think I've decided on the scarf pattern, and I'm planning to order the yarn in the next couple of days. But first---I've pretty much decided on knitpicks Andean silk, which is "55% Super Fine Alpaca, 23% Silk, 22% Merino Wool" according to their catalogue. It seems like it would be a nice blend of warm, soft, and pretty. But, I've never used it before. Has anyone else tried it? Any comments anyone?

Regarding the hat, I'm still deciding (which is part of why I haven't ordered the yarn yet, since I'd like to get for both at the same time). I was planning to make the hat from the same yarn.

Since I'm still finishing up Christmas projects, I'm definitely not going to get to start this until December 26, but don't despair, pal. My company is closed the week between Christmas and New Year (yay!), so I'm sure I'll be able to get it finished by Feb! And in the meantime, I'm inspired by, if also a little jealous of, everyone who's either finished or looks to be well on their way.

Take care and happy knitting,
Kim in South NJ

2 Comments:

Blogger CynCyn said...

hey kim,
i had a really hard time finding scarf and mitten patterns using the same gauge... so i just picked yarn and colors, then looked for patterns. kind of daring, but it got me off the fence. i did have to change one of the patterns around to suit the yarn... but it looks great!

11:29 PM  
Blogger Leisel said...

I have a little of the Andean Silk that I started knitting, and it's really nice soft yarn.

I do have a friend who made some fingerless gloves out of it. She loves these gloves, because they're soft and warm, but it has pilled and fuzzed quite a bit. Since gloves are more beaten up than a scarf, a scarf out of it might not have that same problem, so it's not necessarily a big issue... but I thought you would want to know.

- Leisel
http://sagebrush.typepad.com/knotagain

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home