Sunday, December 04, 2005

Maybe?

I think I may have the yarn for my pal's scarf. I'm still looking at some Cascade 220 Tweed at Jimmy Beans (they seem to have a good international shipping policy) but I picked this up at elann in the meantime - Peruvian Collection Sierra Aran in Italian Plum. I hope it is this same colour in real life though I do know that colours over the computer are often a little off. I bought 10 balls because I'm thinking I'll make myself a scarf and mittens too.

I've already let my pal know but it will most likely be after Christmas before I start on her scarf; I just have so much on the go now and I'm drowning in my gift-knitting plans as it is. We're having our Christmas a couple of days early so by actual Christmas, I should be cast on for the scarf provided I can settle on a pattern. I'm loving the Irish Hiking scarf which I've seen all over and I saw an absolutely gorgeous one in solid light blue on a blog the other day. We'll see if this yarn translates well to that pattern; I may end up tweaking it a bit. And of course, I haven't ruled out using the Cascade Tweed instead. Man, I really wish I was decisive!

1 Comments:

Blogger Leisel said...

That color is gorgeous (it's Italian Plum, right?). I've been thinking it would make a good Rogue.

- Leisel
http://sagebrush.typepad.com

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home