Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Leaving Alaska...


My scarf is finally headed to the Lower 48. Hope my Pal likes it... and that she'll model it for a better snapshot.

It isn't perfect, but my weaving teacher told me many years ago that perfection is for the gods alone, and that I should always include a small mistake in my cloth. Luckily, I've never had to worry much about the wrath of the weaving or knitting goddesses, as the mistakes overtake me pretty quickly.

My version doesn't really resemble the original, as I decided to block the heck out of it so the stitches lie flat. I dunno, I just like it that way.

So, here are the stats:
  • Dewdrop pattern
  • Knit on size 6 aluminum straights
  • One strand Apple Pie yarn (50% wool, 20% mohair, 20% silk, 10% nylon) in the Carnival colorway
  • One strand of JaggerSpun Zephyr Wool-Silk, Plum
  • Finished size: 55" x 5" (serendipity, as 5 is my favorite number)
  • Knit in a frenzy over 2 1/2 days... after two months of knitting, frogging, cussing, knitting, dithering...

It should be in your hands, dear Pal, by the end of next week at the very latest. Thanks for being patient with me.

To my other Pal: I haven't received my scarf yet, but I'm being (mostly) patient because things can take forever to get to Alaska, let alone to Two Rivers. And they're moving our little community post office tonight, so confusion will reign for a few days. Don't worry. I'll let you know when it's here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home