Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Going into lecture mode...

My apologies up front for those of you who have thoughtfully followed the guidelines of this exchange..this does not pertain to you.
I have noticed several posts about people not acknowledging their receipt of their scarves from their pals. (me included). Not only is this against the "rules" of this exchange, but it is very rude. Lots of time, effort and funds went into each and every one of these scarves and it is just so ungracious not to take two minutes to thank your pal.
You don't need to post pictures or even post a long dissertation about the gifts you have received...just let your pal know you got it and for pete's sake, say thank you.
What is strange to me is that the people that have not posted are bound to be people that created and sent a scarf to someone else. All of us should know how much we wait to hear if our receipients liked their gifts.
Thanks for letting me vent. Despite the bad taste in the end, this has been fun and I will do it again. I have even made email friends with Judy who knit the same scarf as me for her pal. (who said thank you!).
Thank you hostesses

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Some of us are still waiting to get our scarves, too.

3:43 PM  
Blogger spellbound said...

Yes, I know...Since that was not the situation in my case, I thought I would leave that out of my lecture. Maybe my receipient can send the one I knit for her to someone who is still waiting...lol! If you are still waiting and have not heard anything from your knitter, perhaps you can post a little "hello, where are you note".

4:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've heard from my pal, and it's cool. I just wanted to stick up for myself, since maybe that's the situation for a lot of us.

9:20 PM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

the end of the exchange is always bittersweet. it's nice to see when ppl play by the rules that they agreed to (and celia and I put a lot of thought and effort into the rules) but it's SO frustrating when we have to chase ppl to honor their committments. I realize ppl get busy, but the very minimum I expect is to communicate via email with the person who either sent you a scarf, or an email to let your pal know that their scarf is going to be late.

1:47 AM  
Blogger Stickchicky said...

I for one would love to have recieved my scarf so I can rave about it. Still waiting.

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home